Adding fixed text to a single chapter's page numbering

Mon Feb 7 14:32:07 PST 2011

David Millis wrote:

> My book begins and ends with chapters that use the small roman page
> numbering format. All other chapters except one use the continuing page
> number format of 1, 2, 3, ... The problem I can't figure out is I'd like
> to use the following page number format for my Appendix chapter: A-1,
> A-2, A-3, ... I've got a left and right Appendix master page using the
> format A-# and the Format > Document > Numbering > Page property is set
> to First Page # = 1 and Format is set to Numeric (14). Can someone
> please fill in the blanks so I can use this page number format for a
> single chapter?

I know my brain is slow because it's Monday, but I fail to see what the problem is. What you're describing sounds correct.

So what's not correct? What "blanks" do you need to have filled?

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom