Revision marks (bars)

kgrace4715 at aol.com kgrace4715 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 05:19:27 PST 2011

I would really like to make the use of revision bars to indicate
changes made to a document that I am working on. I am aware of
automatic change bars. I don't think this is the best option because it
indicates all changes with a revision bar. I would like to be able to
handle which "revisions" get highlighted as a change. I seem to recall
the use of character tag or something along those lines but that method
seemed to have some drawbacks. The criteria that is most important to
me is being able to remove the revisions marks when going from version
2 to 3 so that the next set of revision marks only indicates the
changes in version 3 and not versions 2 and 3. Has someone developed a
"bulletproof" process or methodology for handling revisions to
documents?

K. Grace