Frame Light, what's the potential market?

McLean, Malcolm Malcolm.McLean at compuware.com
Mon Feb 28 04:17:20 PST 2011

I wonder how many of us might buy a Frame Light for home use, even with
no output capabilities at all. I think remember a WYSINQWYG (...not
quite...) editor for Interleaf, and Flare has an editor for use by
reviewers. Something like that would suit me fine.

In my present job I don't have a company laptop, though I can use the
VPN to get to my desktop from home. However, there are times when I
would like to work on a couple of Frame9 files at home on a USB drive
without having to log in.

Since I have had a personal FM licence from FM3 to FM7.1 (been using
other non-Frame products for a few years) I thought I would pay the
usual $299 and upgrade. No such luck - the only upgrade path from FM7.1
is to TCS and costs $1000 or $1100 - I don't remember which due to
shock-induced amnesia.