More Frustrations with Robo8-FM9 in TCS2

Jeff Coatsworth jeff.coatsworth at jonassoftware.com
Tue Feb 22 12:53:55 PST 2011

If you're doing an import, it's a one-way/one-time thing with the info in FM being sucked into RH. If you want to be able to edit the contents in FM and have them flow through to RH, you need to use the linking function, not importing.

To eliminate your custom CSS as the culprit, try importing the FM files into a fresh RH book with the default CSS used - does it split up Heading 3 at that point? If so, then you know that your custom CSS is missing something.

I've never heard anyone mention seeing any of their style definitions in their CSS shown in the FM to RH conversion settings. Why would you expect to see them? If the styles aren't in use in your FM docs, then they won't show up in the resulting RH project. A CSS is really a set of formatting instructions for the output - you could define all sorts of styles in your CSS, but if they are never encountered, the CSS sections describing them won't be used.