Embedded TOC questions

Harding, Dan dharding at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 23 11:48:06 PST 2011

My standard book design uses embedded TOCs via the method shown here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/samartha/2010/04/embed_a_toc_in_a_framemaker_document.html

1. A problem I'm running into is that even though I've set the default paragraph style in the TOC.fm file to be the one I want, every time I regenerate the TOC, all leaders and tabs are lost. I have to open the TOC file and manually put the tab back in place.

It seems that by default, FM creates TOC entries as <ENTRY><SPACE><PAGENO>. Is there any way I can change that to <ENTRY><TAB><PAGENO>?

2. Is it possible to map different headers in the chapter to different TOC paragraph styles? For example, all H1 in the chapter would become main TOC entries, and all H2 would become subentries, indented. I've been doing this, but manually.

Thank you,

-Dan