OT: Translation cost comparison

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:43:34 PST 2011

Hi Roy,

prices should be the same as long as you pay a "per word" price. Whether your document is written in Word or Frame does not matter, it contains the same number of words.
Vendors charging extra cost for "layout", "image translating" etc. just try to add as many items as they can on the bill, but this only shows they do not know how to handle graphics, Visio docs etc.

I am a translator myself, and I only stick to one thing: the number of words I translate, whether they come from a pdf, a PPT, Frame, Doc or any other source doc, and at a fixed rate. And if I do not know how to handle it, I recommend a colleague who knows how to!

Cheers,
Mathieu (Toulouse, France).