Moving FM9 to New Computer - Deciding on OS

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Jan 5 16:38:41 PST 2011

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
Current OS: XP Pro with SP3 (32 bit)
New OS: ?????

I'm about to get a new computer and have already had to rule out moving to Windows 7 as that would require an extra $1000 in software upgrades (among other programs, I run Adobe CS2 Premium which does everything I need at the moment).

None of the spec details on Adobe's site state whether or not FrameMaker 9 will run on XP Pro 64 bit - although they do include the Vista and Windows 7 64 bit OS. I haven't been able to find anything specific on Google. And the entries I've found on this List speak to Vista and Windows 7 64 bit, not XP.

Can anyone tell me if FM9 will run *reliably* on XP 64 bit? If there are "issues", then I'll have to stick to 32 bit - or convince the powers that be that an extra $1000 for software is a bargain ;-))))

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
130 - 4311 Viking Way