PDF incorporation into Documentation Set

Thu Jan 6 07:42:25 PST 2011

kgrace4715 at aol.com wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone ever needed to incorporate a pdf into a
> documentation set. There is another department that is in control of a
> few documents. I would like to be able to incorporate that latest
> version of their documents when I generate my sets. Is there anyway to
> incorporate this "foreign document" into my workflow?

Um, yeah, I'm sure there is. But it kind of depends on what you mean by "incorporate." And "documentation set." And "workflow." And what your deliverable is. More information would really help.

I assume you're authoring in FM (version?). A PDF can be imported into FM, page by page. But that's not a practical solution for a long doc (unless you script the process).

If you're delivering PDFs (Acrobat version?), you can merge PDFs, insert one into another, or combine them into a portfolio.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom