PDF incorporation into Documentation Set

Thu Jan 6 08:13:07 PST 2011

You should keep this discussion on the list so you can benefit from others' ideas.

It's going to be more work, one way or another. I mentioned scripting as a way to automate importing of the PDF pages into FM. Note also that, if the pages are imported by reference, you only have to do it once (unless the number of pages in the referenced PDF increases, and then you have to add the new ones, of course). Updating the referenced PDF also updates the imported pages.

Combining the PDFs can also be automated, I'm sure. But it takes mere seconds to insert a PDF into another PDF in Acrobat 9. Document > Insert Pages > From File > Select File > Insert After Last > OK, and you're done. I'm sure you at least do a quick check of each of your 15 PDFs. The insertion process would add maybe 15 seconds to each, or less than 4 minutes total.

Richard