Flare vs Frame

Daniel Doornbos - PTU danield at promise.com
Tue Jan 11 11:24:22 PST 2011

Hello Paul,

I have been in a similar position.
Businesses are all about money.
You have to sell them on the idea that using Frame and/or RoboHelp reduces the project cost compared to Word.
For example, you might prepare an estimate showing  that using Word for the project would take 160 hours.
But using Frame would take only 130 hours.
30 fewer billable hours is a significant savings for your client.

The client might be afraid of introducing "new technology."
So you might say, "If you really truly want the project done in Word, of course, I will use Word.
"But using the right tool for the job (Frame,  RoboHelp, Flare, etc.) yields better results, in less time, with fewer problems.
"In every way, you are much better off using (Frame,  RoboHelp, Flare, etc.).
Good luck!

Daniel