FrameMaker search

Baruch Brodersen baruch at technitext.com
Wed Jan 12 10:27:16 PST 2011

Ragnar has some very good suggestions. 10 quick search and replaces might be
the best bet.
The MIF to Word to MIF round trip also works well. If you do that, search
and replace in Word using these wildcards:

Find: ([0-9][0-9])([a-z][a-z])
Replace with: \1 \2

Note that there is an empty space between "\1" and "\2"

Baruch Brodersen

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Ragnar Hanas <ragnar.hanas at betamed.se>wrote:

> You can do 10 quick searches: 1in, 2in, 3in etc, and then replace by 1 in,
> 2
> in, 3 in.
> I have done so on several occasions, and it doesn´t take much extra time
> compared to one major search.
> The other option would be to save as MIF, then open in Word.  However, when
> searching in Word as you describe, can you insert the space correctly and
> proceed by just clicking "enter" or do you need to do it manually?
> Ragnar Hanas
> Uddevalla Hospital, Sweden

B a r u c h   B r o d e r s e n
T e c h n i t e x t   D o c u m e n t a t i o n
0 5 4  9 4 9  9 3 6 1