OmniHelp with Google Chrome

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Wed Jan 12 12:22:14 PST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:26:54 -0500, Jeff Coatsworth
<jeff.coatsworth at jonassoftware.com> wrote:

>There is workaround, but it involves the user setting a
>command line instruction to allow opening of local Webhelp
>files. See the Adobe forum for the instruction.

I checked the forum, and it turns out that Snippet 130
on Peter Grainge's site has the answer:
  http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

In brief, you must start Chrome with the added switch
  --allow-file-access-from-files
which you can put in your shortcut at the end of the
Target field in its Properties | Shortcut tab (after
a space).

This is a change all your users would need to make;
you can't change anything in the WebHelp or OmniHelp
to allow that, for obvious security reasons.

HTH!