Indexing front matter

Lief Erickson lief at networkinstruments.com
Thu Jan 13 15:28:45 PST 2011

You could use a different marker for the content in your preface, include that marker in your index, and use different page formatting for that marker. It would be a new marker type that you would create. You might call it IndexPreface or something like that.

I have done something similar with tables and figures. In my index tables and figures are formatted differently so that they are more easily identifiable as content in a table or a figure rather than in body text.

-Lief