FM9 and Windows 7 64 bit - Help!

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Jan 20 17:59:38 PST 2011

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: Trying to install on Windows 7, 64 bit (brand new machine)
FM Experience: 19 months

Before I try Adobe support tomorrow, I thought I'd present my problem to the List.

I am trying to install FM 9 on my brand new Windows 7, 64 bit machine (if system specs would help I can provide those.)

The install seems to work fine and when I open it for the first time, it asks for structured or unstructured (unstructured) and presents the Registration screen (which I'm ignoring for the time being). When it tries to access the actual FM9 program I get a "serious error" along with the file name and location to report the error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't help.

FYI: It's installed into "Program Files (x86)" and not "Program Files".

Before we completed the specs for my new system I checked that you could run FM9 on Windows 7 and the answer was yes - but of course those specs have now disappeared as FM10 is now available.

I really hate new hardware (and Windows 7).

Any suggestions?

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation