Historical FrameMaker upgrades

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 01:20:03 PST 2011

At 12:29 -0800 23/1/11, Dov Isaacs wrote:

>Since FrameMaker 7.x is no longer eligible for upgrade pricing and because there was no version of FrameMaker for Macintosh beyond FrameMaker 7, there is no remaining crossgrade path for users of Macintosh versions of FrameMaker. Your only upgrade path now is to buy a newer version of FrameMaker and either run it on Windows hardware or on a virtual machine running on a Intel processor-based Macintosh.

Thanks for clarifying this, Dov. I knew about the second part but not the first. You may well have saved me from the frustrations of buying a Windows upgrade and then finding that I couldn't install it.

--
Steve Rickaby			   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/steverickaby>
WordMongers Ltd                    <http://www.wordmongers.com>