Conditional table rows

Tim J. Slager TSlager at isdcorporation.com
Fri Jan 28 13:22:28 PST 2011

I'm experimenting with conditional text in Unstructured FM 10.

I started to write an email to this list to ask if it was normal that FM 10 could not find conditional table rows, since I couldn't seem to find conditional table rows, and I couldn't find this in the help files. But I did a Google search before sending the email. I found this help file (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WS25F3553F-C76C-4f49-9C16-E251912A7D42.html#WS95B8918A-2D69-4647-B532-9FC7B2FDF7D0) which explains, "FrameMaker cannot find conditional table rows."

Too bad, I thought, but now I know. Then I practiced the steps found in the same help file for searching for conditional text. Lo and behold, I could indeed find conditional table rows. How nice, I thought. But now I'm confused.

Can someone explain why the help says you can't find conditional table rows, and what expected behavior is?

Thanks. tims

Tim Slager | ISD Tech Pubs | 616.494.1373