FrameMaker 9 crashing in Windows 7

Karen Mann kmann at i-t-tech.com
Fri Jan 28 14:53:21 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else had the following issues.
I am having an issue with FrameMaker 9 and Windows 7 (both have all their updates). I am unable to select the Paragraph Designer icons and the edits you make at that point are not saved. FM9 stops "responding" and/or crashes and says Application has to close. It's causing a lot of issues and extra time to go over the documents again and again.

This is a new Dell desktop with 6 G of Ram, so I am not pushing it with only FM9 and Outlook and explorer.
Called Dell and agent said Windows Essentials causes a lot of issues so I uninstalled all the components. It's now a little better with InDesign but not FrameMaker 9.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Karen Mann
kmann at i-t-tech.com
262-251-9702 Ext. 111

IT Technologies, LLC
N96 W15504 County Line Rd.
Germantown, WI 53022
"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited."