FrameMaker 9 crashing in Windows 7

Debra Laroche debra.laroche at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:43:38 PST 2011

Hi Karen,

If I understand your situation correctly, I've had those problems myself. I
found if I set a tab using the ruler instead of opening the paragraph
designer and setting it there, this created a problem with the paragraph
designer not letting me move through the pages. And that behaviour always
indicated the application was going to crash momentarily or quite soon. If I
follow this procedure, I don't seem to have problems viewing the paragraph
designer page I need.

On another strange topic, I just had FrameMaker 9 remove all of the lines I
had for special paragraph tags, such as Footnotes and Notes. Not on all of
the documents, but just some of them. I had to open the Reference page
and copy the line in the first element (Footnote) for all affected files.
And then all of the lines (for about 12 styles) all showed up as if by
magic.

Those types of screwy things have me saving all files, exiting out of
FrameMaker before it crashes, and then starting another session.

Good luck!
Deb