Smart Quotes?

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Sat Jul 2 01:07:53 PDT 2011

On 30 Jun 2011 at 17:25, Brabson, Michelle wrote:

> Has anyone had trouble typing quotes when smart quotes is turned on? The
> problem is that quote key does not produce a quote in my document. Instead
> it produces a question mark. This just started happening with FrameMaker
> 10 and did not happen before. I have found work around keys to get the
> correct result, but would really like to be able to use my quote key to
> produce smart quotes. I know this is a strange problem. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Michelle,

Could it be that the current font is limited and does not contain the typographical quotes
which are required in this case? I have tested with some fonts (Lucida Bright, OCRA Std, Agency
FB, Barbedor T) and all was OK.

- FM 10.0.0.388
- Smart Quotes is ON
- In the document i just type the straight (single/double) quote at the beginning/end of the
string.

Klaus Daube