FM8: Bookmarks problem

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Jul 7 04:40:16 PDT 2011

Hi Helen,

Take a look at this blog post for a possible solution:

http://frameautomation.com/2010/09/09/setting-acrobat-bookmarks-for-a-book/

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com

Hello List,

I'm having a problem with PDF generation from unstructured FM8.  I'm trying
to build a "sub-book" at the moment for tech reviewers, consisting of a
front page, a generated TOC and five chapters, in that order.  Bookmarks
generation is selected and it is set up to make bookmarks for a specific
include list of paragraph types.  The types defined for the TOC are not in
that include list.

Although the book itself is in unstructured FM, the book structure is very
tight and strictly hierarchical,  because this content will eventually be
converted to structured. The bookmarks for the chapters are fine, but they
are preceded by bookmarks for every entry in the TOC and for the front page.

There is also a bookmark for the front page, which I do understand, since it
contains one para format that is in the include list.

How can I suppress this bookmarking of the TOC entries, please?

TIA,
Helen