PDF back into Frame?

Robert Shelton rshelton at opentext.com
Wed Jul 13 09:37:00 PDT 2011

I need to convert PDF output files back into their unstructured Frame 7
source (company acquisition, missing/out-of-date source files, no one
left who can find the latest sources if they exist). I can save as Word
from PDF and then open the Word document in Frame. When I do that, the
graphics are all embedded in the Word doc, and the resolution really
takes a hit. I also tried saving the PDF as HTML. This gets me separate
graphics files, but again the resolution isn't as good as the original.

Are there any better solutions?

Running Frame 7 and Acrobat Pro 7.1.1 on Windows XP (it's been a while
since I updated my tools).

Thanks very much.

Bob

HF: "So what do we do?"
PH: "Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well."
HF: "How?"
PH: "I don't know. It's a mystery."
--Shakespeare in Love