Anyone else looking at Frame >> WordPress (as a CMS)

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Jul 14 12:21:26 PDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:23:18 -0400, Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

>The workflow seems to be (unstructured):
>
>1. From Frame, SaveAs (I'm using MIF2Go) as RTF.
>2. Batch-convert the RTF to clean HTML or XHTML.

That doesn't make sense to me.  Why have Mif2Go make
RTF, with very different requirements than HTML, and
then use something else to make the clean HTML/XHTML
you can have Mif2Go make in the first place?

I hope the intermediate step isn't using Word, which
produces horrible HTML.  But Word is what our RTF is
tuned for...

>3. Save/export into a comma-separated value (CSV) file.
>4. Import the CSV into WordPress, assigning tags, categories, post
>types and other bits and pieces on import.

WordPress doesn't import HTML?  CSV is a very old and
limited format...  Does WordPress use it internally,
or does it use its own XML format, as I'd expect?