Xref marker following Text inset

Wed Jul 20 08:03:03 PDT 2011

mathieu jacquet wrote:

> Here is my problem: I have a number of text insets, in a file, for
> which the character immediately following the inset is a X-ref marker.
>
> When updating the text inset, the marker disappears, leading to an
> unresolved X-ref problem afterwards.
>
> How would you manage that? I tried cutting the marker to paste it
> elsewhere (for example one character to the right) in my reference, but
> I cannot even select it, the whole text inset is highlighted then.

Are you sure the marker is part of the container document, not the text inset? If so, put the insertion point to the right of the marker. Use the left arrow key to move it between the marker and the text inset. Then press Crtrl-space to insert a non-breaking space between the two. Then, if you wish, you should be able to select and cut the marker.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.