unable to position table footnote pgf

Matt Sullivan matt at grafixtraining.com
Thu Jul 21 16:36:17 PDT 2011

Hi Stuart,

As John mentioned, your problem is that you have no frame named TableFootnote on the Reference Pages

You’ll need to add a frame to the reference page to control that space… it doesn’t need to have content but I believe it’ll require a name of TableFootnote, as John mentioned. That should be the end of it, and you can resize that empty frame to space out your text.

I believe John’s solution is 1 step farther than you need to go...in my experience, you’ll not need to apply a Frame Above to the Table Footnote paragraph tag. To do so would add the frame again in between multiparagraph footnotes.

It sounds like one of 2 things happened:

1.       Your template file began its life with FM 6 or so, before there was a TableFootnote frame on the Ref Pages

2.       You accidentally deleted the TableFootnote frame on the Reference Pages

Either way, let me know if this solution solves your problem.

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
Director of Training | roundpeg, Inc.
 <http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan> @mattrsullivan
P: 714.960.6840 | F: 360.230.7269 |  <mailto:matt at roundpeg.com> matt at roundpeg.com
4590 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 620 | Newport Beach, CA 92660

 <http://www.roundpeg.com> www.roundpeg.com
 <http://twitter.com/roundpeginc> Description: http://training.roundpeg.com/roundpeg/images/signature/twitter.png <http://www.facebook.com/roundpegInc> Description: http://training.roundpeg.com/roundpeg/images/signature/facebook.png <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/roundpeg-inc> Description: http://training.roundpeg.com/roundpeg/images/signature/linkedin.png <http://blogs.roundpeg.com/> Description: http://training.roundpeg.com/roundpeg/images/signature/blog.png