Creating hyperlink to PDF

Fetzner, Bill Bfetzner at amsc.com
Thu Jul 21 08:42:48 PDT 2011

Update on this Frame-Acrobat problem. I visited Adobe.com and looked for a trial version of an update. While there, a nice sales lady invited me to chat, and not finding any other way to discuss this issue with any other Adobe employee, I took her up on it. Explained my problem, and after a wait of several minutes she came back that TCS2 is incompatible with Win7 and suggesting I update to TCS3. Rather than that, I asked her for assurance that I could run either Frame10 with TCS2 or Acrobat X with TCS2, and she said "aye" in both cases (I translated the "aye"). I downloaded a trial of Acrobat X, accepting its suggestion that it uninstall Acrobat 9 from my TCS2, then started testing. It seemed to work okay with TCS2 but haven't extensively tested that. What DID work was the links that wouldn't work when I generated a pdf from Frame before. Problem solved, or so it appears. Later, I found out that the pdf that lacked the valid links in Win7 would have them in another computer running XP and version 9.4.5 of Acrobat. It appears, therefore, that there is an incompatibility between Acrobat 9 running under Win7 such that message openfile links that it creates won't work under Win7, but will work under XP. Go figure. Thought someone might find some value in all of this.
~ Bill