Corrupted graphics placement by reference

Phillip Norman pjnorman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:35:25 PDT 2011

Odd behavior of my printing continues.

Phenomenion One: File acquires errors while open for printing.
An old document with many photos printed fine. Another printed without
error, once. Then with file open and no saves, each successive printing as
pdf, had more grayed graphics. Occurs without Phenomenon Two, permisions
hangup. If I save the open FrameMaker file, it is corrupted.

Phenomenon Two: Interfering administrator permissions for print, dialog.
In FrameMaker, attempting to print PDF, I get dialog Save PDF File as
(pathname and file name I chose).
And dialog:
You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location.
Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes.

Click OK, and I get invitation to overwrite my chosen filename. The
overwritten file has random graying of graphics.

Phenomenom Three: odd file creation.
I get documents with odd file names such as, with zero content, especially
with crashes. Crashes most often occur with graphics overload, such as
scrolling too fast.
Example names:
Filename.auto.fm.149
Filename.auto.fm.F3E
(I work with hiding of extensions for known file types.)