eps images dissappear after updating the eps

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 00:50:56 PDT 2011

Hi Rick and the other FrameUsers

I have just tested this in Fm 7.2 and Fm 10 and, indeed, as soon as I save
an Illustrator EPS file in a later version, for example version 8 saved as
version 9 (or CS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), the Top and Left offsets of the anchored
frame change. I have no idea why this happens, maybe someone from Adobe
(Dov) can tell us?

I did find a more recent post about this problem in the Adobe forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1238889

Indeed, the problem must be related to the way in which Illustrator saves
the bounding box of the graphic. The only way to fix this problem is a
Framescript, I guess, but I think the only thing which the framescript can
do is:

1. Select the anchored frame.
2. Edit > Select all in frame.
3. Graphics > Align > T/B Centers, L/R Centers, because there is no way to
know the original position of the graphic in the AFrame.

But:

* What if the AFrame contains multiple "objects", i.e. multiple graphics
and/or callouts (text frames or text lines)?
* What if the AFrame contains a graphic which is not supposed to be aligned
T/B Centers, L/R Centers within the AFrame?

Kind regards

Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 4:49 PM, Rick Quatro <frameexpert at truevine.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is an issue I have ocassionaly seen with FrameMaker over the years:
> sometimes the Top and Left offsets of an image will change when the image is
> "refiltered." I have never been able to reproduce it on purpose and haven't
> seen it in Adobe's knowledge base. But I have seen it myself and have read
> posts from others who have encountered it.
>
> Someone mentioned the bounding box changing in the Illustrator file. But
> even if that were so, why whould the Top and Left offsets change?
>
> As usual, my solution is to use FrameScript to reposition the graphics in
> the anchored frames.
>
> Rick Quatro
> Carmen Publishing
> 585-659-8267
> www.frameexpert.com
>

> Hi,
>
> If I have a framemaker file with linked eps images and I open the eps
> images
> and resave them in a more recent version that the original eps file (i use
> for example illustrator CS to open the file but they can be made in a
> previous version of illustrator) then some images just dissappear in the
> framemaker file.
> They are just gone, I need to import them again.
> The strange thing is that this occures with some images but not all.
> Does anyone have an explanation/solution for this?
>
> Thanks!

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/yves.barbion%40gmail.com
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit