eps images dissappear after updating the eps

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Jun 16 07:35:08 PDT 2011

Hi Yves,

Yes, I have seen this issue from time to time over the years. The bounding box explanation makes sense, although I have never tested it directly. Your “by hand” solution could be done programmatically with FrameScript. As far as your questions: since it is the imported graphic that gets messed up, this is probably the only graphic in the frame that you want to move. You would not want to move callouts, lines, etc. And you are right: it is impossible to know if the imported graphic was originally centered in the anchored frame, so you may have to make some manual adjustments after the script runs.

There is one way you could do this if you can pre-process the FrameMaker documents before updating the images:

1)      You would run a script before changing the images that would “mark” the contents of each anchored frame with its current X and Y offsets. Each object’s UserString property could be used to store the information. See http://frameexpert.com/tutorials/graphicstyles.htm for information on the UserString property.

2)      You would update the images.

3)      You would run another script that would go through the updated images in the FrameMaker documents and make sure each image’s X and Y location matches the value stored in the UserString property; if not, the script would correct it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-659-8267