FrameMaker 10 disappearing text?

Joy Kocar kocar.joy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:33:19 PDT 2011

Hi Framers,

I just upgraded to FrameMaker 10. I open a file in FM10 and my chapter
number does not appear. The space is there for it but I simply do not see
it. I close the file without saving, then open it in FM9 on the same machine
and voila, it is there again. Coincidentally my computer was rebuilt to
Windows 7 (hard drive was failing) but I wouldn't expect it to matter since
I opened both FM versions on the same machine.

What could be causing this? I tried searching the Adobe forums and
discussion lists but have not found a post regarding this.

Thanks for your help!

Joy Kocar, EIT
Training Materials Lead Engineer
www.maptek.com