Automatically highlighting PDFs from DITA sources?

Writer generic668 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 16 11:13:29 PDT 2011

Facts:

DITA source files authored in FM9
Draft PDFs are created using WebWorks ePublisher 2011.1 PDF XSL FO output (fast, but lacking a certain amount of control)
Production PDFs are created by going DITA > FM > PDF (slow, but we have complete control over the output)

Challenge:

Currently, we manually highlight document changes to our PDFs and create bookmarks that list what Issue number the change is related to. By Issue number, I mean the system number assigned to a software change. For example, adding support for Windows 7 is Issue number 1450.

I've been given a task to find a way to automatically highlight the PDFs while the PDFs are being created. I'm part way to a solution using ePublisher. However, I was wondering if anyone else does this from DITA. If so, how do you do it? I'm interested in hearing about any processes, even if the software you use is different than hours.

Thanks for your help,

Nadine

xposted to:
wwp-user at yahoogroups.com