Bullet size and bold text

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 02:30:49 PDT 2011

At 20:37 -0700 19/6/11, Combs, Richard wrote:

> Why would you train yourself to not hit the spacebar after a period in some circumstances? What possible benefit does it provide? As Fred noted, this "errant" (??) space doesn't affect line spacing or anything else. Why does it bother you?

The downside that comes to my mind is that the formatting of the text will be subject to 'secret' *i.e. invisible) stuff that only you understand. That's fine it you are the only author, but if the text has to be maintained by others, they may not understand, leading to scratched heads and/or irregular formatting.

My preference is to apply a named character format to bullets. As the bullet character tag is part of the bullet list para definition, it's solid unless anyone messes with the template.

--
Steve