FrameMaker10 update released

Böðvar Björgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:53:35 PDT 2011

Hi Kapil,

I got an automatic suggestion to update the other day, and it just went like
a charm.
However, I think it is great that you take the time to advise the list of
this update.

Thanks.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Iceland

2011/6/22 Kapil Verma <kverma at adobe.com>

>  Hi Everyone,****
>
> Hope you are well. In case you don’t know me, I am the product manager for
> FrameMaker.****
>
> I am pleased to let you know that we recently released a patch on
> FrameMaker10, in which we have fixed several bugs. See below for more
> details on the issues fixed. As part of this patch, we have fixed several
> issues that were reported to us by our users and partners. For obvious
> reasons, it is not possible to list out all the contributors in this short
> note, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those who
> contributed by reporting these issues and helping us improve the stability
> of the product further. In particular, I would like to call out Scott
> Prentice (Leximation) and Franz Kauffman (Systec) for their valuable
> contributions. Please keep providing your valuable feedback in the future as
> well.****
>
>  ****
>
> The patch 10.0.1 can be downloaded from here
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows.
> Also, the readme for the patch is here
> http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/framemaker/win/10.x/Adobe_FrameMaker_10_0_1_Readme.pdf
> .****
>
>  ****
>
> *Issues fixed in the update*****
>
> 1. ‘Print to PDF’ command now ask PDF destination even for 64 bit machines.
> ****
>
>  ****
>
> 2. ‘Remove Overrides’ option is now available in Find/Change dialog box in
> unstructured Framemaker****
>
> as well.****
>
>  ****
>
> 3. Duplicate content was generated while saving in ePub format. Now content
> appears only once.****
>
> This is relevant for Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3 and Adobe
> FrameMaker Server 10****
>
> users.****
>
>  ****
>
> 4. ’Save as RTF’ command dropped graphics if the file path had Japanese
> characters or if the****
>
> graphic files had dpi more than 300. Now graphics remain in the RTF file as
> expected.****
>
>  ****
>
> 5. ‘Save as RTF’ command used to introduce some junk characters in Japanese
> version of Frame-****
>
> Maker. This has been fixed now.****
>
>  ****
>
> 6. FrameMaker used to crash during ‘Save As RTF’ command if the
> header/footer of the Frame-****
>
> Maker file contains a variable whose variable data has certain type of
> Japanese characters. This****
>
> has been fixed now.****
>
>  ****
>
> 7. FrameMaker 10 used to crash on performing spell-check on files having
> unicode quotation****
>
> marks i.e. U+2018, U+2019, U+201C, U+201D in user dictionary. This has been
> now fixed.****
>
>  ****

> [...]

Með kveðju.

Böðvar Björgvinsson
fv. form. Alþýðuflokksins á Akranesi
fv. form. Kjördæmisráðs Alþýðuflokksins í Vesturlandskjördæmi
fv. stjórnarmaður Gídeonfélagsins
fv. form. KFUM&K á Akranesi

---
Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found
difficult and not tried.
Gilbert K. Chesterton