FM10 and Save as PDF

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Wed Jun 29 14:33:35 PDT 2011

In spite of all the warnings, I have been using "Save as PDF", with
mostly good results since FM6.

Now I am using FM10 and Acrobat 7 on Windows XP. When I use "Save As
PDF" Framemaker tells me that it can't find the specified JobOptions
file and uses the default one instead. This didn't bother me too much
until I noticed that our logo was looking muddy and pixilated.

If I select "Adobe PDF" as the printer and then print the book, it
allows me to select the correct job options file and apparently uses it.
This way the logo looks fine.

So where is FM10 looking for the JobOptions file? Can I just copy it
there and use "Save As PDF"?

Thanks,

Clint

Clint Owen | Sr. Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1
425 743 8674 | Fax: +1 425 743 8113

Check out the new Crane Aerospace & Electronics Newsroom!
http://newsroom.craneae.com
Like us on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Crane-Aerospace-Electronics/163305413682908

We value your opinion!  How may we serve you better?
Please click the survey link to tell us how we are doing:
http://www.craneae.com/ContactUs/VoiceofCustomer.aspx
Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your time.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics Confidentiality Statement:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from
your electronic files.