Fwd: About your posting...

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Jun 30 11:18:59 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	About your posting...
Date: 	Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:24:06 +0000
From: 	Davis, Jessica D. <JDavis at federalapd.com>
To: 	srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com <srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com>

On 30/06/2011 9:15 AM, Thomas Scalise wrote:
>  Esteemed colleagues,
>
>  I am running Frame10.0.1.402 on an XP SP3 machine. This problem,
>  however, has been plaguing through Frame 7, 8, and 9.
>
>  I have a character style called CrossReference. It has a bold Times
>  New Roman font and a Blue color. I have been trying for a long time to
>  figure out why I can?t change the font and make the change stick. I
>  change the font in a document and save the document. The next time I
>  open the document the cross references are back to looking the way
>  they did before I changed the definition of the style.

Hi there,
I saw this posting on the list and thought I would follow up with one
more suggestion…at the end of the cross-reference format, insert a
<Default Para Font> block as well to avoid problem where text after the
cross reference inherits the character tag used in the x-ref.
----Your posting and someone else’s reply-------
Hi Thomas,
It would help to clarify questions if you used FM's own terminology.
When you "change the font in a document", what exactly are you doing?
Updating a character tag? Applying a tag to text?
If you are applying a character tag (not a "style") to a cross-reference
that has already been inserted, then it's likely that the change won't
"stick" because every time FM reopens the document, the x-ref's get
updated (= overwritten). The correct way to apply tags to x-ref's is to
include the character tag in the x-ref format definition. All character
tags that you have in your catalog are listed at the bottom of the
Building Blocks list in the Edit Cross-Reference Format dialog box.
Place your cursor in the Definition box at the appropriate place and
click your CrossReference tag in the list; it will appear in <brackets>
in the Definition. Click Change, Done, and the appropriate Update
choice, and save your document.
HTH,
--
Stuart Rogers