removal of inline heading punctuation from x-ref

Michael Pearson mt_pearson at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:52:09 PST 2011

Hi Rob,

I see this post is a few days old, but don't think you've had a
response yet so I'll give it a go. Here's what I think you're saying:
you have a cross-reference of definition <$paranum> or
<$paranumonly> that points to a paragraph with pagination
properties set to Run-In Head and with numbering properties set to some
Autonumber Format. If all of that is correct (and I'm not convinced it
is), then the punctuation you're seeing is defined in the referenced
paragraph's (that is, the Run-In Head paragraph's) Autonumber Format
properties. Depending upon the look you need for those Run-In Head
paragraphs, you *may* be able to remove the punctuation from the
Autonumber Format and, instead, put that punctuation in the paragraph format's Run-In Head--Default Punctuation field on the Pagination tab.

If none of this is helpful, please post the exact format definition of the cross-reference, as well as the numbering properties of the
paragraph being referenced. That might elicit some better answers for you.

HTH,

Mike