Acrobat does not keep settings (OT ?)

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Tue Mar 1 03:35:35 PST 2011

Dear all

Since changing to Win7 x64 i have problems with Acrobat 9.4.2 (Acrobat 9 pro extended) english:
(There is no help on this on the Adobe site). My account is "Administrator".

The following preferences are not persistant, that is, they are no more set at the next start of
Acrobat:

Units and Guides: Setting Page & Ruler Units to Centimeters.
   => After restart settings are back to Inches.

Trust Manager: Change Settings ...
   I have entered a number of "web site addresses", e.g. www.daube.ch
   and selected "Allow access" to "Default behaviour for web sites that are not in the above list".
   => After restart the list of websites is empty and the setting is back to "Always ask".

I have not found a REG key to fix this nore any other means. This is frustrating!

On my XP system I have Acrobat 8.1.2 (Acrobat 3D Version 8) and everything works as intended.

BTW the security measures have become a hindrance for real work: a PDF containing links, such as
http://www.zurichcci.ch/de/files/angebote-0.pdf requires user intervention even for the mail
addresses. Aren't these measure not a duplication of the tasks of AV-programs and firewalls?

Desperate Acrobat user Klaus Daube