Fonts not found

Anthony Davey Anthony.Davey at rssb.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 07:57:53 PST 2011

Hi All,

Help please. Trialling Frame 10 in TCS3 on XP SP3.  From Frame 10, using a template built in 8, I can display our corporate logo font in the Frame docs, but when I use Distiller to Save as PDF... the typeface changes to Times New Roman.

The corporate face is AG Book Rounded.  In the Frame paragraph designer this displays as 'AG Book Rounded Medium'; but in C:\Windows\Fonts the nearest equivalent is 'AGBookRounded-Medium (OpenType)'.

However, this doesn't seem to be the cause, or at least not all of it.  I tried substituting 'Myriad Pro' (name in paragraph designer - which is an Adobe supplied typeface, admittedly), the equivalent of which in C:/Windows/Fonts is 'MyriadPro-[VariantName] (OpenType)' and this did not get substituted.

I've reinstalled Acrobat and Frame since importing the fonts into C:/Windows/Fonts and the fonts all show up in the Frame fonts list, so it must be a foible of Acrobat X, mustn't it?

This is the corporate typeface for titles of publications so it's a bit important that I resolve this soon.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Best regards,
Ant

The content of this email (and any attachment) is confidential. It may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

This email should not be used by anyone who is not an original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed to anyone who is not an original intended recipient. If you have received this email by mistake please notify us by emailing the sender, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.

Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly the senders own and not made on behalf of the Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB).