Fonts not found

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Mar 2 07:55:44 PST 2011

On 01/03/2011 10:57 AM, Anthony Davey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Help please. Trialling Frame 10 in TCS3 on XP SP3. From Frame 10, using
> a template built in 8, I can display our corporate logo font in the
> Frame docs, but when I use Distiller to Save as PDF... the typeface
> changes to Times New Roman.
>
> The corporate face is AG Book Rounded. In the Frame paragraph designer
> this displays as ‘AG Book Rounded Medium’; but in C:\Windows\Fonts the
> nearest equivalent is ‘AGBookRounded-Medium (OpenType)’.
>
> However, this doesn’t seem to be the cause, or at least not all of it. I
> tried substituting ‘Myriad Pro’ (name in paragraph designer - which is
> an Adobe supplied typeface, admittedly), the equivalent of which in
> C:/Windows/Fonts is ‘MyriadPro-[VariantName] (OpenType)’ and this did
> not get substituted.
>
> I’ve reinstalled Acrobat and Frame since importing the fonts into
> C:/Windows/Fonts and the fonts all show up in the Frame fonts list, so
> it must be a foible of Acrobat X, mustn’t it?
>
> This is the corporate typeface for titles of publications so it’s a bit
> important that I resolve this soon.
>
> Many thanks for any help you can give.

Anthony,

Have you examined the joboptions for Distiller to ensure that the font
is being embedded as a subset?  Do you have Distiller set to Cancel Job
on any problems?  Have you examined the log produced by Distiller?
Check this out, page 67 onward:
http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/pdfs/pdf2k/01W/isaacs_reliablepdfcreation.pdf

HTH,

--