So how many of us are stuck with Frame 7.2?

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Tue Mar 1 21:05:21 PST 2011

No one from Adobe is "forcing" you to upgrade!  :)

On the other hand, don't expect support for newer versions of Windows and interoperability with new versions of both Adobe and non-Adobe applications with four version old software.

If your self-contained environment needs no more than what FrameMaker 7 offers, stay with it. Note that there are still some tech writing organizations running Windows NT 4 systems with FrameMaker 5.5.6 or 6.0.

                - Dov