eps image looks lousy in Frame. What should I do differently?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Wed Mar 9 09:03:24 PST 2011

> In both cases (logoc and logobw) when converted to .eps, the image (as
> displayed in Adobe Bridge) is about 1/4 the visual size as the .psd.
> In Frame, logoc.eps looks funny on screen, but renders correctly in
> .pdf. In Frame, logobw.eps looks the same onscreen as it looks when
> rendered in .pdf, which is lousy.

EPS files always look lousy in FrameMaker because Frame only displays a
low-res preview of the file. (They print to PDF properly, though.) When
you save your Photoshop file as EPS, make sure you select the option in
the EPS dialogue to create an 8-bit TIFF preview. It sounds like you may
have selected the 1-bit preview option for your B&W file, which gives an
even coarser display.

Mike Wickham