Methods to redo book

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 15:13:12 PST 2011

At 08:31 +1300 13/3/11, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

>It may make it easier if the directory structure is the same as previous and with the same file names.

Absolutely. Best to always keep a book under the same root folder; just clone that and work on the clone. Always worked for us. I think this is because FrameMaker stores links using Unix dot and dot-dot notation, which means that it understands siblings and parents, but nothing higher in the directory path.

It gets harder if you have a lot of imported files shared between books.

--
Steve