Book pagination confusion

Tim Pann TPann at telecomsys.com
Tue Mar 22 10:22:57 PDT 2011

Frame 9 unstructured.

I’m not terribly accomplished with pagination, numbering etc. across a book. I have a book now that’s got 11 chapters, a TOC, and a title page. As I’m scrambling to finalize it for a training last night, I realize to my horror that the TOC is displaying page numbers in Roman.

Then I see that the pages on the files are also Roman.

I tried several times to fix this and finally was able to but not without finding my page numbers not respond to my selecting continue page numbering and Arabic numbers.

I know there are two places to set numbering etc. – using theh Format menu while in the file, and right-clicking the file as displayed in the book pane and selecting Numbering. I was trying both and getting very conflicting results. I’m just very confused now. Somehow I ended up with the entire book set to roman numerals, and I KNOW I did not do that purposefully.

I cannot find a good resource that explains exactly how to do numbering across a book. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.