Strange command names in FM-10

Wed Mar 23 07:59:11 PDT 2011

Klaus Daube wrote:

> While working on the Enhanced Tool Bars for FM-10 i discovered some strange
> command names in cmds.cfg
> of FM-10 (well it is the last beta release M7):
>
> <Command ShowTCBookSeachable               <Labe Book>
> <Command ShowTCDitaMapSeachable            <Label DITA Map>
> <Command ShowTCSelSeachable                <Label Selected Documents>
>
> What could that Seachable be ?

A typo. :-) I'm guessing it should have been "Searchable." "Labe Book" is interesting, too.

It's not just Adobe India. Software engineers are notoriously bad spellers. As far back as I can remember, fmtoolbr.ini has used the keyword "SEPERATOR" to to put a _separator_ (wide space) between groups of buttons.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom