Cannot select and delete imported image file

Wed Mar 23 12:22:24 PDT 2011

Timothy DeWees wrote:

> I am working with a document where a former employee attempted to import
> some image file (jpg) into anchored frames that I had set up in the
> template document. This person was a novice with framemaker. The images
> obviously  were not correctly imported into the anchored frames, because
> they will move out of the anchored frame if text is added/deleted, etc.  I
> thought, no problem, I will just delete the images and import them
> correctly into the anchored frame. The problem is that I cannot select the
> images in order to delete them.  They were obviously imported by reference,
> since if I remove the image source files, frame will give me a dialogue
> saying that the files are missing and a gray box appears. But I simply
> cannot find a way to select the images in order to delete them and re-
> import them correctly. Any suggestions?  The person who originally imported
> these is not available, so I cannot ask him how he did the import. Thanks
> in advance for your help.

If the images don't move with the anchored frame, they were probably placed directly on the page. If you can't select them, they're probably behind the text frame. Try this: select the text frame, select Graphics > Send to Back, and then click the image to select it.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.