deleting orphaned text frames

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Wed Mar 30 12:32:16 PDT 2011

I have a book (inherited from an outside source) with hundreds of pages of orphaned text frames, some alongside good text, some simply preventing a blank page from being deleted. I can delete them individually, but this will take ages. I want to delete all of them in one swell foop, if I can.

The orphans are all in an isolated, empty text flow called Notes.

They are found in 27 chapters.

They do not appear on the chapter Master pages, so I can’t simply delete them from one chapter’s master pages and then import the page formats to the other chapters.

Re-applying clean master pages does not exorcise these ghosts.

Has anyone seen such behavior? Any suggestions for getting rid of these frames, or the whole Notes text flow?

john