FrameMaker 8 and saving documents that include conrefs

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Mon May 2 00:40:55 PDT 2011

Also, make sure that you save the "conref source file" (or save all open
files). It's a common mistake people make: Suppose your conref source file
is topic A. In topic B, you insert a conref to an element which is in topic
A. You save and close topic B, which is obvious, because you see the text of
the conref. You may then close topic A without saving it, because you think
nothing has changed in that file. However, the element in topic A which you
conreffed may have gotten an ID value, which you can only see in the
structure view.

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu