TCS3 FrameMaker variables wrong size in RoboHelp

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Mon May 2 12:52:46 PDT 2011

Yeah, that was just shorthand - I use the handy building blocks to avoid that sort of error.

I found another, much worse bug: in some topics, the xrefs get the wrong tag and a different wrong destination:

In the section: Configuring a Honeywell Pro-Watch Connector  ...

The FM text is fine and a PDF is fine, but the Robo-generated HTML replaces the Honeywell text with Lenel in the link and AMAG in the text! (Lenel and AMAG are two other almost identical chapters)

And I am not really happy with the image quality either, so I am trying to figure out a way to get better images.

All in all, my RoboHelp adventure will not result in usable online help for Friday's release :-(

john

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Rogers [mailto:srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 10:57 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Cc: John Sgammato
Subject: Re: TCS3 FrameMaker variables wrong size in RoboHelp

On 01/05/2011 4:33 PM, John Sgammato wrote:
> When I import my 86-chapter FrameMaker book into RoboHelp, most of my
> variables come thru fine, but...
>
> The most important variable of all - that for the product name - comes
> in sometimes in a small size, and in one topic (at least) it comes in
> larger, bold, and italic!
>
> All the misbehaving variables are the same: O-Product = <default
> font>OneSign

Hi John,

Maybe you were just abbreviating in your message, but the proper
building block is <Default ¶ Font> (which you can also type as </> in
the variable definition).

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if
they are genuine."

    --Benjamin Disraeli