XREFs in Images

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue May 3 16:53:07 PDT 2011

Thanks.

I'll give this a try.

Alison
________________________________
From: Steve Johnson [mailto:chinaski69 at gmail.com]
Sent: May 3, 2011 4:46 PM
To: Alison Craig
Subject: Re: XREFs in Images

Named destinations. This is how you do it in order in Frame 8:

a) In the section to which you want to jump, Special > Hypertext, then click Specify Named Destination. The name has to be unique in your book. And it doesn't have to be a section, it can be anywhere.

I save these in a text file because a/o Frame 8, there's no help to get the name later.

b) In your figure, draw a text box where you want the link to be. This will become a clickable image map. Special > Hypertext, Jump to Named Destination. Enter the name from step a. Note that to have it jump to a named destination in another Frame file, you have to append the (path and) file name like: <path>\framefile.fm:nameddestination.

That should be it and it will work in both HTML and PDF.