Anchored frame

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu May 5 08:00:29 PDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 2:49 PM, Theresa de Valence wrote:
> One one line, I have an anchored frame which has a 3" wide box below
> current line, left justified, plus one space, and I wish to place a
> second anchored frome which has a 3" wide box below the current line,
> right justified, so that both boxes are on the same line.
>
> Frame puts the second box below the first box, even though there is room
> enough for both boxes in the text frame. Do I need to put both images
> into one frame which is wide enough for both of them?

It's just for these reasons that many people use a dedicated paragraph
tag to hold anchored frames At Insertion Point.  You have much more
control over space above and below, Next Pgf Tag for captions, and the
ability to separate two frames on a single line by using a tab
(right-aligned in your case).  If you colour the text uniquely in the
tag definition, the pilcrow will appear in that colour, making it easy
to identify the purpose of such a paragraph even if it is left
temporarily empty.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers