FrameMaker to ePub; ePub readers and pinned graphics

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Sun May 8 19:22:10 PDT 2011

Good day book butchers:

Can anyone tell me whether FrameMaker 9 or 10 can export directly to
ePub format without going through the RoboHelp intermediary process (I'm
still back with FrameMaker 8)?

I am particularly interested in acquiring an ePub reader on which you
can pin a graphic so that you can read the explanatory main text by
scrolling around the pinned graphic.  That is, I have a diagram of how
double clutch gearbox works and I want to pin this diagram so I can
refer to it while reading the accompanying main text.  The alternative
would be to keep scrolling back and forth from diagram to text.  Another
clumsy alternative might be setting two bookmarks, one on the diagram
and another (constantly moving) bookmark at the current point in the text.

Has anyone got any opinions on the best eReader and why they consider it
so for their purposes?  There is a comparison chart on Wikipedia which
leads me to think that all of them are pretty average, particularly if
you don't want to be locked into an Amazon Whispernet or Apple iTunes to
purchase and download books.

Regards,
Hedley

P.S.  Hi to all after a long absence.  I am now retired and have
transformed into a bicycle nut!

--

PLEASE UPDATE MY ADDRESS TO hedley.finger at gmail.com IN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BOOK OR CONTACTS LIST

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel: +61 3 9809 1229   Fax: (call phone first)
Mobile (cell): +61 412 461 558   Skype: hedley.finger
Email. <hedley.finger at gmail.com>